Monday, February 16, 2009

How to Avoid Being Audited - Self Employed

How to Avoid Being Audited When You're Self Employed

I remember receiving a letter from the IRS that made me shiver, sweat, and almost go fetal. It indicated I owed quite a bit on taxes with penalties etc. After I picked myself up from the floor and regained consciousness, I immediately prayed and called THE IRS. The anticipation of clarifying why I received the letter and rectification process was not as bad as I thought. With a little research - I discovered that it was their mix up and simply providing them the information fixed the problem. I received a letter a few weeks later indication that everything had been resolved. Praise God!

Being that this is tax season, sometimes knowing and reading up on what can get your tax return flaged can save you the headache of being contacted by the IRS. see (here) this article for more info.

Custom Search

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon